Doyle, Restrepo, Harvin & Robbins, L.L.P.
440 Louisiana Suite 2300
Houston, Texas 77002
Ms. Barr’s experience includes handling several real estate transactions, commercial, probate, dram shop liability and insurance defense litigation, a bill of review proceeding, and providing coverage opinions related to commercial as well as personal home and automobile policies. Ms. Barr’s practice focuses on drafting and interpreting commercial contracts and manuscript insurance policies as well as complex negotiations and litigation involving questions of insurance coverage, insurance defense, real estate, construction, and probate matters.
While pursuing her law degree, Ms. Barr participated as a student attorney in the transactional clinic at the University of Houston Law Center where she formed entities and drafted agreements related to entity formation, employment, and sales of stocks. While serving as an intern appellate brief writer at the Harris County District Attorney’s Office, she filed five (5) successful appellate briefs and created a new system with the Fourteenth and First Court of Appeals to retrieve records and evidence.
- Represented client in bill of review proceeding setting aside agreed judgment and settlement agreement in probate proceeding
- Represented general contractor in bringing debt collection actions, defending against construction claims, and advising regarding contracts and future scope of work
- Negotiated several purchases of acreage for series limited liability companies including easement agreements, mineral rights, and private road(s)
- Defended environmental company in vessel collision against claims under Jones Act and general maritime
- Represented companies and private individuals in royalty disputes
- Represented major national insurance companies with regard to coverage disputes including declaratory judgment actions and defending against breach of contract, Texas Insurance Code, and Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act claims
- Advised major national insurance companies regarding coverage and when to send a denial of coverage letter, reservations of rights letter, and/or file a declaratory judgment action
Educational and Professional Background
- University of Houston Law Center, 2013
- Chief Articles Editor for the Houston and Business Tax Law Journal
- Editor of the Year for 2012-2013
- University of Houston Law Center Moot Court Team
- Student Attorney for University of Houston Law Center Transactional Clinic (now known as Entrepreneurship and Community Development Clinic)
- Samson Memorial Animal Law Scholarship Recipient 2012-2013
- University of Houston, B.S., Psychology (magna cum laude) 2010
Membership and Admission
- State Bar of Texas, May 2013
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Feb. 2014
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Houston Association of Woman Attorneys
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Member, Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Golden Retriever Rescue of Houston
- The Houston Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
Beyond her legal work, Ms. Barr loves the great outdoors—running, hiking, and hunting. She enjoys running with her golden retriever, Cotton, and spending time with her husband, Chris, and son, Tristan.
Telephone (713) 228-5100 | Fax (713) 228-6138
440 Louisiana Suite 2300, Houston, Texas 77002
Copyright 2014 DOYLE RESTREPO HARVIN & ROBBINS, L. L. P. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise noted in website – Not certified by Texas Board of Legal Specialization.