Kathleen Cynthia Pickett
Doyle, Restrepo, Harvin & Robbins, L.L.P.
440 Louisiana Suite 2300
Houston, Texas 77002
Cynthia Pickett has over 32 years of litigation and transaction legal experience. Her primary transaction practice areas are oil and gas, real estate, manufacturing, construction, leasing, agribusiness, and business acquisitions and dispositions (including due diligence, transaction financing and structure, documentation and oversight), choice of business entity structure, formation, and day-to-day operating, employment and purchase sale and disposition contracts. In addition, Ms. Pickett has extensive litigation experience, including representation of financial institutions and in contract disputes and torts involving: oil and gas, condemnation, real estate, commercial financing, corporations and partnerships, directors, officers, shareholders and partners, and agriculture.
Representative clientele and topical areas of transaction and litigation representation include:
- Oil & Gas: Drilling, exploration and production, oil field services, downstream sales, marketing, and storage, pipeline right of ways and condemnations, royalty and working interest, leasing and accountings, farmouts, operating agreements, equipment and other vendor contracts.
- Real Estate: Commercial financing, acquisition, management, development, and construction contracts, surety bonds, and leasing contracts.
- Business Entities: Officer, Director, Shareholder, Member, Employee, and Partner relationships; copyrights and trade secrets.
- Financial Institutions/FDIC: Representation of financial institutions and the FDIC in work-outs, restructuring and collections of delinquent loans secured by real estate and various other types of collateral. This practice includes debtor and asset searches and investigation, lien and collateral preservation, modification, and restructuring of institution contracts, foreclosures, bankruptcy interventions, and deficiency work.
- Agriculture: Commercial seed production, sales and distribution agreements.
Educational and Professional Background
- South Texas College of Law – Doctor of Jurisprudence — 1980
- Oxford University, England — 1978
- University of Texas, B.A., Spanish — 1974
- Escuela de la Tahona, Segovia, Spain — 1973
- Universidad De Los Andes, Bogota, Columbia — 1971
Cynthia Pickett is admitted to practice in Texas and before the Federal District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, Western, and Northern Districts, the U.S. 5th and 11th Circuit Courts of Appeal and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Honors and Awards
- Staff, South Texas Law Journal
- Recipient, E. E. Townes Award for Scholastic Excellence
- Published B Texas Bar Journal (1980)
- Who’s Who in American Law (1989-1990)
- Cambridge Who’s Who (2007)
- Madison’s Who’s Who (2008-2009 Honors Edition)
- Houston’s Top Lawyers by H Texas Magazine (2008-2012)
- Recognized as one of Houston’s Top Lawyer for the People by H Texas Magazine (2009)
- Advisory Board Member, Institute for Energy Law of the Center for American and International Law – 2008
- Executive Committee, Galveston Bay Foundation since 2001
- Director, Center for Excellence in Education, Vienna, Virginia – since 2001
- Director, Stevenson Companion Animal Life Care Center, The Texas Veterinary Medical Center, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A & M University – 1999 – 2004
- Member of The Methodist Hospital Foundation, Methodist DeBakey Heart Center Council – since 2007
Telephone (713) 228-5100 | Fax (713) 228-6138
440 Louisiana Suite 2300, Houston, Texas 77002
Copyright 2014 DOYLE RESTREPO HARVIN & ROBBINS, L. L. P. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise noted in website – Not certified by Texas Board of Legal Specialization.