N. Kimberly (Kim) Hoesl
Doyle, Restrepo, Harvin & Robbins, L.L.P.
440 Louisiana Suite 2300
Houston, Texas 77002
Educational and Professional Background Mrs. Hoesl earned her Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from the University of Houston Law Center (summa cum laude) after first earning her bachelor’s degree at The University of Texas at Austin (with high honors) and her Master’s Degree in Human Factors Psychology at Rice University. Mrs. Hoesl’s litigation experience is diverse, including trials, appeals, and arbitrations in the following areas:
- Probate litigation: trustees, estate administrators, beneficiaries
- Contracts: insurance contracts, commercial leases, sales contracts
- Fiduciary litigation: partnerships, corporate officers and directors
- Intellectual property: copyright infringement, theft of trade secrets
- Business divorce: shareholder disputes, partnership dissolutions
- Medical malpractice
- Securities sales practices and regulation
- For a patient: Represented client on appeal and before the Texas Supreme Court, argued interpretation of malpractice statute;
- For an independent executor: Obtained dismissal of all claims against client independent executor on summary judgment;
- For a beneficiary: Represented beneficiary in claims against independent executor;
- For an oil and gas exploration company: Second chair in jury trial of contract dispute involving offshore participation agreement;
- For manufacturer of pipe repair technology: Represented client in prosecution of copyright infringement and false advertisement claims;
- For a commercial HVAC company: Obtained favorable settlement of a trade secret dispute;
- For a minority business partner: Recovered damages in bench trial on breach of contract claim;
- For an industrial services company: Represented client in temporary injunction proceedings and obtained favorable settlement of all claims;
- For an oil and gas exploration company: Obtained favorable settlement of employment dispute;
- For an oilfield equipment manufacturer: Obtained arbitration award against a seller of trade credits and its insurance company;
- For an oilfield equipment manufacturer: Recovered damages on summary judgment in breach of sales contract case;
- For a securities brokerage: Defense of theft of trade secrets claims resulting in arbitration award dismissing all claims against client;
- For an automobile dealer: Obtained favorable settlement of partnership dispute;
- For a major retailer: Obtained favorable settlement involving a disputed commercial lease;
- For major investment bank: Represented client on appeal of breach of contract and fraud claims involving finance agreements;
- For land developer: Obtained successful settlement of claims for fraud and breach of contract in land sale;
- For a music artist: Obtained favorable settlement of breach of entertainment contract claim;
- For a homeowner: Obtained favorable settlement of dispute with title insurer;
- For a homeowner: Obtained favorable settlement of dispute with contractors;
- For an international sales agent: Obtained favorable settlement of sales contract dispute.
Memberships & Admissions:
- State Bar of Texas, 2003
- United States District Courts for the Southern District of Texas, 2003
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Texas, 2014
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Order of the Barons
- Phi Beta Kappa
Anderson L. Cao, Joel W. Mohrman, Van A Cates, Thomas D. Kennedy, N. Kimberly Hoesl, & Lisa Pittman,Recent Developments in Business Litigation, 44 Tort Trial & Ins. Prac. L.J. 297 (2009).
Anderson L. Cao, Joel W. Mohrman, Van A Cates, Thomas D. Kennedy, N. Kimberly Hoesl, & Lisa Pittman,Recent Developments in Business Litigation, 43 Tort Trial & Ins. Prac. L.J. 299 (2008).
Raymond L. Britton & N. Kimberly Bohannon, “Perp” Walk or Cake Walk? A Study of the S.E.C.’s Enforcement of the Securities Laws Through Agreed Settlements, 5 Hous. Bus. & Tax L. J. 240 (2005).
Kenneth R. Laughery, Sr., N. Kimberly Bohannon, & Stephen L. Young, Age Factors in the Effects of Alcohol Warnings in Advertising (paper presented at the Marketing and Public Policy Conference) (1993).
N. Kimberly Bohannon & Stephen L. Young, Effect of Warnings in Advertising on Adolescents’ Perceptions of Risk for Alcohol Consumption SAFETY: Perception of Risk and Warning Effectiveness, Proc. of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Soc’y 37th Annual Meeting 974 (1993).
N. Kimberly Hoesl, New Texas Rules Of Civil Procedures Effective As of January 1, 2014,Headlines: Houston Ass’n of Legal Prof. (Dec 2013/Jan 2014).
N. Kimberly Hoesl, Things Adobe Acrobat Can Do, Highlights: 53 Official Journal of The Houston Ass’n of Legal Prof. (2011).
N. Kimberly Hoesl and Marianne Ibrahim, Tech-Talk: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of the New Media for Lawyers, Legal Professionals, and Lay-Persons Alike, Highlights: 52 Official Journal of The Houston Ass’n of Legal Prof. (2009).
- Born in Jacksonville, Florida
- Married with two children
Telephone (713) 228-5100 | Fax (713) 228-6138
440 Louisiana Suite 2300, Houston, Texas 77002
Copyright 2014 DOYLE RESTREPO HARVIN & ROBBINS, L. L. P. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise noted in website – Not certified by Texas Board of Legal Specialization.