Doyle, Restrepo, Harvin & Robbins, L.L.P.
440 Louisiana Suite 2300
Houston, Texas 77002
Zac draws on a broad base of experience to help clients conduct litigation efficiently and conclude it successfully, from initial filing to final appeal. He has advocated for clients in federal and state courts, bankruptcy court, and administrative proceedings, and given practical advice on contract, real estate, regulatory, employment, insurance, governance, and constitutional issues.
Before returning to his native Houston to join Doyle, Restrepo, Harvin & Robbins, Zac was an Assistant City Attorney in Saint Paul, Minnesota, and a judicial law clerk to the Honorable John B. Van de North, Jr., in the Minnesota Second Judicial District Court. In law school, Zac worked as a judicial extern and volunteer for the Honorable Diana E. Murphy of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, as a law clerk in the United States Attorney’s Offices for the District of Minnesota and the Western District of New York, and as an Article Submission Editor on the Minnesota Law Review.
- Advised and represented city and associated agencies with respect to real estate development issues, including construction defect and mechanic’s lien disputes, compliance with fair housing and other regulatory requirements, economic development and affordable housing financing, eminent domain, sales of completed projects and of land subject to development or redevelopment agreements, and foreclosures
- Analyzed and advised public clients on First Amendment freedom of speech and assembly issues, Fourteenth Amendment due process and equal protection issues, and open government statutes
- Defended municipal regulatory enforcement action on appeal, In re Krenik, 884 N.W.2d 913 (Minn. Ct. App. 2016)
- Represented clients in collections and creditor-side bankruptcy matters
- Acted as general counsel advising large nonprofit (roughly $10 million annual budget) on governance, employment issues including hiring of new president and CEO, vendor contracting and disputes, and premises liability questions
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D. (magna cum laude), Order of the Coif, 2011
- Ithaca College, B.A., Journalism (magna cum laude), 2006
- State of Minnesota (2011)
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota (2012)
- State of Texas (2016)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas (2016)
- Virtually Untaxable? Red Earth LLC v. United States and Congressional Authorization for State Taxation of Internet Sales (Grand Prize, 2011 Paul Faherty Tax Writing Competition)
- Note, Changing the Play: Football and the Criminal Law After the Trial of Jason Stinson, 8 Willamette Sports L.J. 29 (2010)
Telephone (713) 228-5100 | Fax (713) 228-6138
440 Louisiana Suite 2300, Houston, Texas 77002
Copyright 2014 DOYLE RESTREPO HARVIN & ROBBINS, L. L. P. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise noted in website – Not certified by Texas Board of Legal Specialization.